Enjoy the Best of Winter in Sedona, Arizona
There’s something truly magical about winter in Sedona—and it’s an ideal time to visit to avoid crowds and see a quieter side of the famous tourist town. Daytime temperatures during the winter in Sedona are often a crisp 60 degrees, but most days will still be sunny and bright. With hikes such as Bell Rock and Slim Shady Trail within easy walking distance of Canyon Villa Inn, you’ll have your pick with more peace and solitude than you’d find on the trails during busier months.
Canyon Villa Inn is the perfect setting for quiet winter evenings by the fireplace with freshly baked cookies made in our kitchen, daily appetizers, and on special evenings we even offer homemade pies. We invite our guests to cozy up and make themselves at home in our artfully appointed guest suites. If you’d prefer to gaze up at the stars, we also have an outdoor fireplace to make some after-dinner s’mores – just perfect with a glass of wine or hot cocoa. We can’t wait to host you this winter in Sedona.
Winter in Sedona: The Best Things to do This Season
- Shopping at Tlaquepaque Village: This tremendous outdoor market features a beautiful selection of art galleries, boutique shops, restaurants, and more. It’s by far the most distinctive shopping experience in the Sedona area and an experience we always highly recommend to guests of our Sedona Bed and Breakfast. The village is the perfect place to start (and finish!) your holiday shopping list, and you’re bound to find something to commemorate your winter in Sedona getaway.
- Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride: Soaring on high, above the red cliffs and desert landscape, is an unforgettable experience—especially this winter in Sedona! There are two companies offering hot air balloon rides in the Coconino National Forest; Red Rock Balloon Adventures and Northern Light Balloon Expeditions. These long-time and locally-owned companies will give you an adventure of a lifetime.
- Book a Private Tour with Southwest Outside Adventures: This is the best local touring company for guided hikes and expeditions throughout Sedona and the surrounding areas. They offer half- and full-day tours to see some of the most popular landmarks, geological formations, and classic desert landscapes on foot or by their luxury SUVs.
- Dine out at the Best Sedona Restaurants: Dining out is an integral part of any getaway, and the Sedona restaurant selection does not disappoint. From casual eateries to fine dining establishments, you’ll love trying out authentic Mexican and Latin cuisine, French meals with a Southwest twist, and much more.
- Wintertime Hikes: Hiking in the Red Rocks area is among the most popular pastimes for guests from all walks of life. It’s the best way to view these gorgeous natural hilltop mesas. A few of our favorite routes are Brins Mesa Trail, Cathedral Rock Trail, the West Fork Trail, and Devil’s Bridge. Read more on the best Sedona hikes here.
- Take a Holiday Train Ride: Each year, Verde Canyon Railroad offers the perfect holiday treat aboard a vintage train car on a Magical Christmas Journey to the North Pole. The train depot will be festively decorated and serving up seasonal treats for a lovely evening celebrating the season.
- The Festival of Lights: This annual event takes place throughout the courtyards and walkways of Tlaquepaque Arts and Shopping Village. You’ll enjoy live music, warm treats, and beautiful luminarias.
- Catch the Sunset: The sun sets early during winter in Sedona, which is the perfect end to an exciting day filled with holiday shopping, dining, and outdoor adventures. As a guest at our Arizona Bed and Breakfast, you’ll have a front-row seat for the striking sunset on the red rock cliffs.
Cozy & Comfortable Lodging in Sedona this Winter
Let our spectacular Sedona Bed and Breakfast be your destination for a luxurious winter getaway! After a day of exploration in the Arizona desert, our Inn will be the oasis you need! Our eleven private guest rooms are artfully arranged with your ultimate comfort in mind.
Enjoy a restful night’s sleep on your bed dressed in fine linens, relax with a good book in your seating area, or step just outside your room to take in one of the most spectacular views of the Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte, two famous Red Rock icons of Sedona, Arizona.
Join us for our delicious three-course breakfast served each morning or during your stay. The menu changes daily and always comes with our famous cinnamon rolls! If you want the perfect escape, full of luxury and comfort this winter in Sedona, book your stay with us today!