Private Tours of the Red Rocks
Southwest Outside Adventures
Our recommend guiding company for private adventures ranging from 3-hour tours of the backroads to half day and full day hiking treks that will take you into remote and pristine areas almost untouched by tourism. Full day Grand Canyon tours also available.
Mike Krajnak and Max Koepke have designed trips of Sedona and the Grand Canyon which are custom, private adventures. Their tours accommodate the personal and unique interests of our guests. Mike has lived in Sedona since 1985 and is considered one of the top guides in the Southwest. He leads adventure trips for companies such as: National Geographic, The Smithsonian and Off the Beaten Path. Southwest Outside has been featured in Sunset Magazine and National Geographic Traveler. Max was born and raised in Sedona and has explored the Southwestern US extensively.
Whether you’d enjoy just relaxing on a back road tour in their large comfortable SUV (enclosed and climate controlled) or prefer an exhilarating hike to a remote wilderness vista, Southwest Outside can make your experience in Red Rock Country a great one. They consistently receive great reviews from all of our guests. In fact, more than one guest has returned to Sedona just to spend additional time with Mike and Max.
3 to 4 HOUR TOURS…allows for a couple of short walks for viewing and photos of the spell binding Red Rocks of Sedona.
FULL OR HALF DAY HIKES…..are perfect for a walking tour deep off the beaten path and deep into Red Rock country. You’ll experience remote areas of the wilderness surrounding Sedona. No matter what level of activity you may choose, Mike will adjust to your level of comfort.
- “D” indicates a DRIVING TOUR
- “W” indicates a WALKING or HIKING TOUR
- Red Rock Backroads (D 3 or 4 hours): easy Relax and experience Sedona’s beautiful red rock country in the comfort of our large, luxurious SUV. We always stop for a short walk to view the amazing red rocks.
- Sedona Sunset (D/W 3 hrs): easy This 3-hour journey takes you into the heart of the red rocks.
- Canyon Explorer (W 4 hrs): easy-moderate Join us on an exploration of an impressive red rock canyon. Your personal journey into the wilderness will show you breathtaking red rock formations set in a deep canyon of the Colorado Plateau. There are dozens of options on these canyon treks.
- Arches Adventure (W 4 hrs): easy-moderate Journey to one of Sedona’s natural arches. These trips range from an easy 1.5-mile walk in a beautiful red rock canyon to a 4-mile journey through a forested canyon to Sedona’s most impressive natural arch. These hikes are all personally matched to your fitness level and area of interest.
- Slickrock Scramble (W 3 or 4 hrs): easy-moderate Spend some time on Sedona’s slickrock and you’ll never want to hike a dirt path again!
- More Difficult Walking Tours: Want to climb 2000′ to a Red Rock Summit? How about a full-day loop hike to see arches and beautiful red rock canyons? Please inquire about the more difficult Red Rock Country hikes that we offer.
- Full-Day Adventure Tours: D/W 7 or 8 hrs): We also offer full-day adventures which combine a moderate morning hike, lunch on the trail and a relaxing afternoon backroad tour.