Enjoy a Quiet Season Hike to Devil’s Bridge in Sedona
One of the most iconic landmarks in Arizona lies in the Coconino National Forest, a stunning sandstone arch named the Devil’s Bridge in Sedona. It is one of the most frequently visited natural attractions in the Sedona area. The bridge is a large, red rock arch that spans a scenic canyon, providing breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
Visiting Devil’s Bridge in Sedona in the wintertime is a unique experience compared to other seasons. Sedona generally has a mild winter climate, with daytime temperatures ranging from the high 40s to low 60s. While snowfall is not common in the lower elevations, it can occur in the higher elevations, adding a touch of winter magic to the red rock scenery, and even then, it’s usually a mere dusting.
Before you start planning your hike to Devil’s Bridge, you’ll want to secure your lodging, and our Sedona Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place to stay. Watch from the private balcony of your guest suite as the sun rises and changes the colors of the fantastic Red Rocks surrounding Canyon Villa Inn. Even as you enjoy a delicious breakfast made just for you in our dining room, you can enjoy views of Castle Rock, the massive Courthouse Butte, and the iconic Bell Rock. Some mornings, the rocks are glistening from light overnight snow, giving a uniquely stunning view you wouldn’t see otherwise. Book your room today!
Enjoy the View from the Devil’s Bridge in Sedona
Daytime temperatures during the Winter months are often a crisp 60 degrees, but most days will still be sunny and bright. It’s the perfect time to explore the area with fewer crowds at Devil’s Bridge in Sedona and without the intensity of the summer heat. Here are a few things to know about hiking at Devil’s Bridge in Sedona before you go:
- If you plan to hike to Devil’s Bridge in Sedona, there are three ways to get there. If you have a 4×4 vehicle, you can drive directly to the Devil’s Trailhead, making your route a 1.8-mile round-trip hike. However, if you have a passenger vehicle, your best option is to park at the Mescal Trailhead. This will be a nice four-mile round-trip hike for you.
- The trailhead elevation of 4,600 feet is already high, so there’s only a mere 400-foot altitude climb during this moderately challenging hike to Devil’s Bridge.
- Those looking for a longer hike can park at the Dry Creek Road Trailhead, extending the route to 5.8 miles in total. Be sure to follow the signs along the trail.
- As you hike toward Devil’s Bridge in Sedona, you’ll be in awe of the colorful rocks along the way. The desert plant life and the stunning views will leave you mesmerized. Don’t forget to pause and capture this breathtaking scenery and update your Instagram story.
- Once you’ve arrived, the bravest hikers like to walk across the bridge to soak up the 365-degree view of the stunning Red Rock countryside.
More Hikes Near our Sedona Bed and Breakfast:
With hikes such as the Bell Rock Pathway Trail, which connects to the Bell Rock Vista Trailhead, and the Little Horse Trailhead, near our Inn, our Sedona Bed and Breakfast is a fantastic homebase for hiking enthusiasts. The Slim Shady Trail is also within easy walking distance of Canyon Villa Inn; you’ll have your pick with more peace and solitude than you’d find on the trails during busier months. During your stay, feel free to ask our knowledgeable innkeepers and staff for the best routes to the trailheads for hiking in Sedona.
The Best Sedona Bed and Breakfast for Your Winter Getaway
Hiking to the Devil’s Bridge in Sedona will be an unforgettable part of your time here, and staying at our Sedona Bed and Breakfast will also be a highlight of your trip! Rejuvenate your tired muscles in our energy-efficient solar-heated pool. Perhaps just relaxing around the pool or courtyards of our Sedona Bed and Breakfast will help you unwind as you look out onto the spectacular views of red rock country.
Our guest rooms provide a restful and cozy place perhaps for an afternoon nap or curling up with a great vacation read. Enjoy more views of the awe-inspiring scenery from the comfort of your room and balcony! The Ocotillo Room, pictured here, is one of our favorite rooms at our Sedona Bed and Breakfast. The views are absolutely spectacular, and you’ll love relaxing in the big comfortable bed by the fire.
Our guests consistently rave about our made-to-order breakfasts that are always included in your stay. We offer various delicious options, such as avocado toast on our house-made sourdough bread, fluffy pancakes with warm syrup, or one of our daily specials. Regardless of whether you’re planning a day of relaxation, a scenic drive, hiking to Devil’s Bridge in Sedona, or an adventure tour, we’ll ensure that you’re well-fed and comfortable throughout your stay. Book your room today!