To Our Valued Guests and Travelers,
WE TAKE COVID-19 PROTECTION VERY SERIOUSLY!
We’re often told by prior guests how easy it is for them to focus on their health and mental well being when staying at Canyon Villa. We like hearing that because providing a healthy and secure environment where our guests can truly relax is one of our top priorities. This is more important than ever before in these Pandemic days. Accordingly, during our ten week voluntary closing this spring we spent considerable time, effort, and resources carefully studying and implementing changes that would assure guests of as much protection as possible. We’ve taken into account the Covid-19 protection recommendations of the CDC, Select Registry Distinguished Inns of North America, the American Hospitality & Lodging Association, as well as the “Safe, Clean, Ready” protocols of the Sedona Chamber of Commerce. Likewise, as a licensed B&B Inn, we support and follow all Covid-19 health recommendations of the Yavapai County Health Department which inspects our entire premises and operations on a regular basis.
BREAKFAST & APPETIZER HOUR
—Our Chef prepares each guest’s breakfast individually! Service is between 8-915 AM daily. We ask that you let us know your preferences by 7 PM each day. You may have breakfast in our dining room (with social distancing), on our library patio (limited seating), in room (served on trays), poolside (using our to-go option) or a simple homeade continental breakfast to take with you.
—Our appetizer hour (5-6 PM nightly) is a Bistro Box filled with wonderful appetizers, fruit, nuts, crackers, Naan bread and sweet treats! Our Chef customized these boxes daily for your enjoyment.container.
MONITORING THE HEALTH OF OUR STAFF
— Employees are screened for any signs of illness and temperatures are taken daily.
— Staff will wear masks for routine duties and will also wear gloves when food or any other item is prepared or delivered to a guest.
PREMISES CLEANING & SANITATION
— Guest Rooms are thoroughly cleaned andsanitized upon the departure of each guest. Each guest room is then fogged with a safe but powerfule disinfectant approved by the EPA. This disinfectant is 99.9% effective in destroying all viruses including Covid-19.
— All Disinfectants used in rooms and throughout the inn are hospital grade which is bactericide, viruscide, plant based, and EPA certified.
—We have removed most items from guestrooms that are difficult to sanitize including such things as magazines, candy dishes, pens, pencils, city phone books, silk flowers, etc. Bed coverings have all been replaced with duvets which are washed up the departure of each guest.
EXCEPTIONAL POOL SANITATION
–Our glass tiled salt water pool system provides automatic chlorination through electrolysis. Backed up by traditional chlorination as needed, the water is further sanitized 24/7 by pumping it through a large UV light chamber system which eliminates 99.9% of all bacteria and viruses including Covid 19. Chlorine, PH, Alkalinity, and Salt levels are checked daily and immediately adjusted as needed for your safety and comfort. In addition, as a licensed lodging facility our pool is inspected for proper sanitation and pool chemical balance on a regular basis by the Yavapai Health Department. (This is an additional protection you have at Canyon Villa which is absent when renting individual homes through sources such as AirBnb or VRBO.)
HAND SANITATION STATIONS are located throughout the property including one by the front door for arriving guests.
FACE MASK USAGE (ALL INDOOR COMMON AREAS)
— For the protection of both guests and staff, face masks are required for everyone when accessing indoor common areas except when dining. We will be wearing face masks to protect you and expect all guests to do the same in return. Face masks are available at no cost from us for any guest needing one for use in our premises or in other public venues. We support Arizona health programs called “Mask Up Arizona” and “”Need a Mask, Just Ask”.
— We expect that guests will stay home if feeling unwell and will cooperate with Social distancing both indoors and outdoors. This is critical if we are to avoid community transmission. Guests can easily participate by enjoying their own patio or deck, or by spreading out in our large indoor and outdoor common areas.
OPTIONAL CHECK-IN PROCEDURE
—Guests may request a “No Contacts” Check-in where they can check into the inn on their own with no innkeeper as long as we are notified in advance.
SUMMARY OF OUR VIRUS PROTECTIONS-
- Our HVAC system individually cools and filters each room independently from any other guest room or parts of the building. This means there is no sharing or co-mingling of air between guest rooms.
- Guest rooms receive extra sanitization due to safe fogging between each occupancy.
- We are carefully limiting occupancy when it is appropriate.
- Guest room access to fresh outside air from either screened windows or a screened sliding glass door.
- Approved CDC Disinfectants are used in addition to guest room fogging between guests.
- Easy Access to outdoor areas, available from each guestroom deck or patio as well as large outdoor common areas in the pool area.
- Private sanitized refrigerators have been installed in all guestrooms.
- Ample Space for Social Distancing. The inn premises are large enough both inside and outside for healthy social distancing, yet small enough for innkeepers to provide attention to health and safety details.
- Owners are also Residents of the Inn assuring their personal 24/7 attention to cleanliness and prevention protocols.
- American Hotel and Lodging Association “Stay Save Certified”
- Licensed and regularly inspected by Yavapai County Health Department
- “Safe, Clean, Ready” program participant with Sedona Chamber of Commerce
- Select Registry “Select Safe Certified”
- Reduced Deposit and Relaxed Cancellation Policy to give you the confidence that you can easily change your plans if necessary. Deposit requirements for new reservations have been reduced to the cost of the first night plus tax. The deposit is fully refundable up to just two days in advance of arrival.
We are determined to continue offering the exceptional accommodations and hospitality that have built our reputation. We believe our personalized B&B Inn can serve as a safe refuge and healthy alternative to larger, more crowded hotels. We look forward to seeing you at Canyon Villa Inn of Sedona soon! As a small family owned and operated business we work hard each day to see that Canyon Villa Inn continues to serve as a safe haven for our wonderful guests.
We personally welcome any inquiries about our procedures as well as any additional safety measures you would like us to consider.
Peg & Les Belch
Owners & Resident Innkeepers
of Canyon Villa Inn since March, 2000