Why the West Fork Oak Creek Trail is One of Our Favorite Hikes in Sedona
The West Fork Oak Creek Trail is one of the best hikes you’ll discover on a trip to Sedona, Arizona! This unique hike follows along a creek surrounded by towering red rocks with plenty of places to cool down in the shade. The sandy out and back trail is a pleasant and relaxing hike that offers a different experience than many of the other hikes in the Sedona area. A walk along Oak Creek does not disappoint and is sure to be a highlight of your stay in this Arizona town.
Let our Sedona Inn be your luxurious desert escape! Located amongst the famous red rocks of Arizona, our bed and breakfast offers world-class panoramic views of Bell Rock as well as the Courthouse Butte formations. We are situated near many of the amazing hiking, shopping, and dining options that Sedona is well known for. Canyon Villa Bed and Breakfast offers a quiet respite away from all the crowds without missing out on the views you came here for! If you want the best elegant yet casual place to soak in the desert landscape while in Sedona, book your room today!
Hiking The West Fork Oak Creek Trail
The West Fork Oak Creek Trail in Sedona is a hike that is sure to not disappoint. Listed as one of the best hikes in all of Sedona, this 7-mile moderate stroll includes mild elevation changes and 13 creek crossings. The West Fork Oak Creek Trail is a fun mix of easy walking and adventure in beautiful red rock country. This perfect day trip from Sedona is sure to be a memorable part of your Arizona vacation. Here are 5 reasons why the West Fork Oak Creek Trail is one of our favorite hikes in Sedona!
- The West Fork Oak Creek Trail offers great views within a unique canyon hike. Oak Creek is a permanent and shallow stream that flows through a deep, forested canyon, with plenty of wildlife to spot along the way. The creek is bordered by striking exposed red rocks.
- The West Fork Oak Creek Trail is a great alternative place to beat the heat. This shaded trail is perfect for a slower pace that ends up being a pleasant and relaxing experience.
- A hike along the West Fork Oak Creek Trail gives offers visitors a sampling of the wide variety of ecosystems and diverse landscapes of this part of Arizona. From the desert red rocks to the lush, riparian zone along the creek where there are a diversity of tree and plant species, you’ll be able to experience and explore these various habitats of the Coconino National Forest along the way.
- The West Fork Oak Creek Trail is the best choice for all skill levels. The trail is flat with plenty of spots to rest and look around. In warmer weather, there are many places to take a dip in small swimming holes. Sure to be a lasting memory for years to come!
- If you are in Sedona during the autumn months you don’t want to miss a hike along the West Fork Oak Creek Trail as it is one of the best places to view the changing leaves in Arizona. Beautiful orange and yellow leaves frame the towering red rocks above and are reflected in the surface of the creek during this picturesque time of year.
More Great Hikes In Sedona
In Sedona, there is never a shortage of breathtaking and gorgeous hikes to go on! After exploring the West Fork Oak Creek Trail for a day you’ll want to see what other hiking excursions in the area have to offer. From short but rewarding to longer trails that meander above the red rock forests, you are sure to find the perfect Arizona hike! Here are more great options for hikes in Sedona.
- Baldwin Loop Trail has 3 access points that lead to a scenic hike that showcases incredible views of Cathedral Rock. Here you can connect up to other amazing hikes in the area.
- Doe Mountain is just a 1.7-mile hike but still very rewarding! You’ll climb to a plateau top where a wide panorama opens up across the red rock landscape. A great sunset spot!
- Fay Canyon is a moderate hike that features seasonal waterfalls as well as a steep side trail to see the 130-foot span of the Fay Canyon Arch.
- Brins Mesa is a 6 mile, slow and steady climb to astounding views of canyon walls and juniper forests. At the top, you can look over the Red Rock Secret Mountain Wilderness.
- Little Horse Trail begins as a part of the Bell Rock Pathway. Along this 4.3 mile out and back trail you’ll see a variety of wildlife as well as close-up views of the Madonna and Nuns Spire rock formations. Breathtaking views await you at the summit.
The Ultimate Sedona Arizona Lodging
After hiking all day and exploring the West Fork Oak Creek Trail as well as other adventures this amazing area has to offer, you’ll need a relaxing and luxurious place to put your feet up and rest your tired muscles. Our Sedona Inn is conveniently located near all of these incredible hikes and more! Before you know it you’ll be back at our casual and elegant bed and breakfast soaking in the solitude.
In your cozy and comfortable guest room, you can rest upon a king or queen size bed fitted with plush linens. Enjoy the view of iconic red rock formations just outside your window. In this resort like atmosphere, you can let the world melt away and unwind in the ultimate desert escape. If you are ready for an amazing Arizona vacation and the best Sedona lodging, book your room today!