Wine Tasting on The Verde Valley Wine Trail This Summer
Verde Valley Wine Trail in Northern Arizona is a delightful surprise in this desert landscape. Most people would be astounded to find that the Verde Valley is brimming with award-winning wineries and tasting rooms. This lush river valley in red rock country offers the dry climate and access to water that grapes thrive on. The result is beautiful and distinctive wineries concentrated along what is known as the Verde Valley Wine Trail.
Our Sedona Inn is located nearby many of the wineries included in the wine trail with other wineries just a short drive away. From our elegant lodging, you’ll be able to soak in views of Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte after a day of wine touring and exploring. Unwind this summer at our desert oasis and book your stay today!
10 Must-See Verde Valley Wine Trail Wineries
While you are visiting Sedona, take a day to follow the Verde Valley Wine Trail. Taking a self-tour to several popular wineries here will surely be a unique and unforgettable experience! This is a great change of pace from all the hiking that you will be doing in the Sedona area. Winemakers here take their winemaking very seriously and hope that visitors will share in wanting to nurture and advance the Verde Valley as a significant and important wine region. Here are 10 extraordinary Verde Valley Wine Trail wineries to visit this summer. Cheers!
- Winery 1912 has a vineyard in Willcox, Arizona but just happens to have an excellent tasting room in the heart of Sedona. This is a family-owned and operated vineyard specializing in Spanish Varietals.
- Burning Trees Cellars is in historic downtown Cottonwood. They produce boutique wines from vineyards all over the state. Sip wine on their outdoor patio or comfortable tasting room.
- Arizona Stronghold tasting room offers some of Arizona’s best wines, some of which are only available through the tasting room here. A unique place along the Verde Valley Wine Trail to order a flight of wine and order some tapas or delicious grilled skewers to pair with your selection.
- Alcantara Vineyard boasts more than 20,000 wines and 17 different varietals. Two kinds of flights are available here, the regular which includes 5 tastings of your choice, and the VIP tasting, which is 5 tastings plus a souvenir glass to take home with you. Sip your wine in the peaceful surroundings here which include vineyards, grassy picnic areas, and views of the Verde River.
- Winery 101 in downtown Cottonwood is a family affair for the owners here. On any given day the owners and their family will be serving wines from the two cellars that they own and operate. Enjoy a red, white, or sweet flight in this tasting room’s fun atmosphere.
- Pillsbury Wine Company is passionate about making real wine made by people, not by machines. Every part of winemaking here is intentional even when it comes to weeding by hand instead of spraying. At this time, the Cottonwood tasting room is open by appointment or reservations only.
- Javelina Leap Vineyard Winery and Bistro boasts having the most extensive wine tasting bar both along the Verde Valley Wine Trail as well as in Northern Arizona. Here you’ll find award-winning wines at this family-owned business that is a fully functional vineyard and winery.
- Oak Creek Vineyards is a peaceful and relaxing winery with sweeping views of the grapevines on this enchanting property. They welcome you to pair your tasting wines with cheese and chocolate plates from their kitchen.
- Page Spring Cellars is a distinctive winery in that it not only offers the usual wine tasting and vineyard tours, but you may find yourself getting a creekside massage or taking a yoga class among the grapevines!
- Tantrum Wines is a female-owned business with a very unique story of how they came to be. According to the founder, “Tantrum Wines reflect the moods and attitudes of women who move with a purpose.” Their tasting suite creates a fun atmosphere to sample wines with a retro yet tasteful design. A must-see along the Verde Valley Wine Trail!
Our Luxurious Summer Lodging
After a day of exploring the Verde Valley come back and relax at our elegant bed and breakfast set among the gorgeous red rocks of the Arizona desert. We’ll be here to welcome you at the end of a long day. After being in the summer heat, a cool dip in our pool may be just what you need.
Retreat to your guest room and enjoy the view as you curl up with a good book. You may want to rest up and take a well-deserved nap on our cozy and comfortable beds. You find the troubles of the world melt away in the splendor of our Sedona Inn. If you are looking for a summer escape in an unbelievably beautiful place, book your room today!