10 Unforgettable Things To Do in Sedona this Fall
From hiking and wellness retreats to shopping and wine tasting, you’ll find no shortage of fabulous things to do in Sedona this fall. In fact, fall is one of the best times to visit Sedona as the temperatures dip to a cool, mild, and seasonal temperature.
Moreover, each fall, the vibrant hues of fall begin to make their appearance, with bright pops of color dramatically set against the already stunning Red Rocks – it’s truly a sight to behold. As you get ready to enjoy the myriad of things to do in Sedona this fall, let us treat you to a truly extraordinary getaway at our #1-rated Sedona Bed and Breakfast, the Canyon Villa Inn.
You’ve no doubt been enjoying a busy and fruitful summer – so wouldn’t it be nice to slow down a bit this fall and enjoy a taste of the luxury you’ll find at our Sedona Bed and Breakfast? Our quiet desert sanctuary is the ultimate place to rejuvenate this fall.
You don’t have to go far to see gorgeous autumn scenery as our bed and breakfast is set near Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte and near many of the top things to do in Sedona this fall. If you want the perfect Arizona getaway to reset and recoup this fall book your stay today!
Things to do in Sedona this Fall
We can hardly wait to share all of the best things to do in Sedona this fall with you! Fall is a magical season to explore this charming high desert town. While in Sedona this fall, you’ll be treated to some of the most breathtaking scenery in the country. Whether you find yourself wandering among the famous red rocks on a hike, enjoying a gourmet meal, or simply taking in the views, you’ll be anything but disappointed in Sedona.
There are countless things to do in Sedona any time of year, but when you add cooler temperatures and beautiful changing colors and light to that list, Sedona becomes a must-see destination. Here are ten of our favorite things to do in Sedona this fall.
- Going on a scenic drive is one of the best things to do in Sedona this fall. One of our favorites is Highway 89A north towards Flagstaff. You’ll drive through the beautiful Oak Creek Canyon on the way and through the Coconino National Forest. Late September thru mid-October is the best time to see fall foliage on this drive.
- Get out and explore with a guided outdoor adventure! The iconic Pink Jeep Tours have been taking visitors around the red rocks since 1960, but you can also take one of the amazing trips with Southwest Outside Adventures.
- Eating out and enjoying the flavors of the southwest is one of the best things to do in Sedona this fall. Here are some of the best Sedona restaurants to consider.
- Cooler weather brings great hiking weather, and it’s one of the best things to do in Sedona this fall. Enjoy popular hikes like the picturesque Devil’s Bridge Trail and Cathedral Rock. To enjoy fall colors, the West Fork of Oak Creek features cascading water and stands of Maple trees along canyon walls.
- The Verde Valley Wine Trail is a surprising and delightful way to spend a fall afternoon in Sedona. Stop by the many wineries and tasting rooms along the way while getting out and seeing this unique part of Arizona.
- The Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village has been a landmark in Sedona for almost a half-century! This Mexican style village began as an artist community and now is a world-class destination for handmade crafts, art, jewelry, and weaving and textiles. It’s one of our favorite things to do in Sedona!
- Slide Rock State Park is a popular recreation site offering short trails near and around Oak Creek.
- Hot air ballooning is one of the best things to do in Sedona in the fall. Talk about incredible views! Take flight with companies like Northern Light Balloon Expeditions and Red Rock Balloon Adventures.
- After a busy summer, you’ll need a place to find some peace and reset. The Amitabha Stupa and Peace Park provides a short trek up to this unique and special location. Come here for prayer, meditation, and the experience of being in a sacred place.
- Exploring ancient ruins this fall is one of the more interesting things to do in Sedona. Visit places like Palatki Heritage Site, Honanki Heritage site, and Montezuma’s Castle National Monument.
The Best Place to Stay in Sedona
With so many things to do in Sedona this fall, you’ll need a luxurious and comfortable place to relax and unwind at the end of a day of exploration and adventure. Our Sedona Bed and Breakfast is rated one of the best places to stay in Sedona, and from the moment you first arrive, it’s easy to see why.
Our Sedona Bed and Breakfast is situated so guests can enjoy spectacular Red Rock Views from just about every vantage point, including our welcoming guest rooms. As a guest, you’ll enjoy a 3-course breakfast, which is the perfect fuel for whatever adventure lies ahead this fall. If you want the perfect desert retreat this fall, book your room today!