10 Best Hikes in Sedona to take this Fall
The best hikes in Sedona during the fall are full of jaw-dropping sights, surprising changing colors, and cooler temperatures. In autumn Sedona awakens from a warm summer slumber to a city once again alive with the vibrancy of visitors coming out to enjoy a show of color and light in the surrounding landscape. By going on a hike in the Sedona area this time of year you’ll be able to walk longer distances, therefore seeing more of the breathtaking Red Rocks and canyons.
After going on some of the best hikes in Sedona you’ll need a place to rest up in luxury for your next day’s adventure. Our Arizona Inn is the ultimate place for an autumn getaway. You’ll feel as if you have your own private desert oasis with world-class views right out your window. In our resort-like atmosphere, you can relax in your private courtyard or take a dip in our quiet pool. Sedona in the fall is a must-see and our award-winning Bed and Breakfast offers the best in lodging. If you are ready for a relaxing escape from the world this fall, book your stay today!
The Best Hikes in Sedona this Fall
Hiking in Sedona in the fall opens up lots of opportunities for places to see due to cooler temperatures and a surprising display of fall colors. The changing leaves highlight the red rock landscape and provide ample photo ops in this stunning location.
Because of these amazing reasons, more people tend to flood into the Sedona area this time of year. But as long as you can start your hikes early in the morning, on a weekday, or into the evening you are sure to find a place all to your own. Here are our picks for the 10 best hikes in Sedona to take this fall!
- Devil’s Bridge is an obvious choice on a list of best hikes in Sedona but with its iconic views and it being the largest natural sandstone arch in the Sedona area, this is always a not to be missed hike. The autumn light in the early morning and late afternoon also makes it a destination spot for photographers. Hiking the 2-4 miles in the cool autumn air shouldn’t be a problem during this time of year.
- Another one of the best hikes in Sedona is the Bell Rock Loop hike. This 3.6-mile pathway connects the Bell Rock vista trailhead to the Little Horse trailhead where you’ll get amazing views of not only Bell Rock but of Courthouse Butte and other noteworthy landmarks.
- Soldiers Pass Trail is a 4.5-mile roundtrip hike that leads to scenic views of Sedona and the red cliffs. This is one of the best hikes in Sedona for getting away from the crowds as it winds through the Red Rock Secret Mountain Wilderness. Along the way, you’ll see beautiful displays of the Red Rocks that make Sedona famous.
- Cathedral Rock in the fall offers excellent views along the way of this 1.5-mile trail. This is one of the best hikes in Sedona if you are looking for a bit of a challenge. Near the end, you’ll have to use both your hands and feet to get up to see the panoramic views at the top.
- Of all the best hikes in Sedona, Boynton Canyon is the place to see for an amazing box canyon hiking trail. Among this stunning desert landscape are towers of buttes and red rock formations. This 6-mile roundtrip trail features forests with a surprising diversity of life.
- The Doe Mountain Trail is a 1.4 -2.6 roundtrip hike that is one of the best hikes in Sedona with top-notch views. The mountain is known for its classic mesa shape seen throughout Arizona. Aside from the views you’ll see at the top this trail also tends to be less crowded than other popular hikes, which is another reason to check this out in the fall!
- If you are looking for more of a workout while also seeing jaw-dropping scenery, Bear Mountain Trail is one of the best hikes in Sedona to get your heart rate up! This strenuous hike is 4.6 miles roundtrip with gorgeous views along the whole trail. There are plenty of spots to turn around with just as rewarding views as the top so you don’t have to do this hike all at once. This is a largely unshaded trail, but the cooler temps in the fall provide a more comfortable hike.
- Merry Go Round Rock ( Carousel Rock) takes you by two popular rock formations which are called Cow Pies and Merry Go Round Rock. You’ll take the historic Munds Wagon Trail to get here. You’ll see panoramic views of Bear Wallow Canyon and Munds Mountain along the way.
- One of the best hikes in Sedona that has something to offer every season is the popular West Fork Trail. This 6-mile roundtrip hike provides gorgeous fall colors as leaves of the Gamble oaks change. For a little adventure, this trail also features 12 creek crossings (water is only a couple inches deep).
- Wilson Canyon Trail is one of the best hikes in Sedona for a leisurely walk with an abundance of shade. Wind your way through the red rock scenery then go on another hike as this is only a 2.6-mile roundtrip and there are lots of other hikes in this area to explore.
Luxurious Sedona Lodging
After a day spent seeing breathtaking vistas, red rocks, and fall desert colors come back to your elegant getaway. Our Arizona Inn will be your place to refresh and renew before exploring more of this incredible area. Guest rooms are set up for your ultimate comfort in mind.
Rest upon your king or queen size bed, enjoy time on your private patio or balcony, and just let the world melt away. Other guest amenities include a 3-course breakfast to help fuel you up for your day, as well as afternoon appetizers and evening tea and dessert. If you are ready for an amazing desert vacation this fall, book your stay today!